Monday, September 12, 2011

Google account and AdSense account


I have read a few posts about people having AdSense account holders having problems logging in their AdSense account, and today I found a possible reason. I normally used FireFox to sign into my AdSense account and fortunately have a different password from the Google account.

Today, I unknowingly tried to sign into my AdSense account in Internet Explorer and forget-mindednessly typed in the Google account password and got this message:



Welcome! You're signed in to Google Accounts under the email cikguas227@yahoo.com and your Google Account password, but this is different from your AdSense account email and/or password. If you're an AdSense publisher, try signing in using your AdSense email and password. Or, sign up for AdSense.



I then managed to sign into the AdSense account using the AdSense password. I am just wondering what would have happened if I had the same password for both accounts. I am a retired scientist and like to experiment. Perhaps I will deliberately sign up for another Google account, set up a website, apply for another AdSense account and use the same password and see if I have the same problems as those people who posted their report of difficulties in logging into the AdSense account.

Update: I have created a site and tried applying for an AdSense account. I found that when you apply for an AdSense account, you are asked if you already have a Google account and if you would like to have the same Google account and password for the AdSense Account. So I don't see why people have problem logging into their AdSense account. I think if those people have such problem, they should contact AdSense Help. See post How to contact AdSense Support to sort out the problem, if any.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

mobile here

Popular Posts